Episode #7: What Did You Learn This Summer – Part 2
In this episode, we share our summer highlights, discuss the opening of school, and we review our summer homework on researching tools for GTD (Getting Things Done).
Tools and Websites Mentioned in E7
- Narro is a a text to speech podcast app. Narro will take your bookmarked articles and read them back to you as a podcast.
- Pocket is a free service that makes it easy to discover great content that’s personalized to your interests, and save this content so you can return to it later on any device, at any time.
- Keep is a note-taking service that syncs across all devices and allows collaboration.
- Executive Summaries is a web-based subscription service for book summaries, reviews and webinars of the best business books.
- Todoist helps get all your tasks and thoughts out of your head and onto your to-do list anytime, anywhere, on all of your favorite devices.
- The Secret Weapon is a is “a free organizational methodology for both professional and personal aspects of life that re-organizes emails, ideas, and every to-do big and small into one system.”
- A Malleable Mind is a website by Matthew Larson, a teacher in New Jersey, who shares his professional learning journey through blog posts, book summaries, and more.
Shout Outs are our acknowledgment and thanks to folks who have helped us with this episode or who influence our thinking and inspire us to grow.
- Martinez: I want to thank the @RascalPride office staff for doing a fantastic job getting everything ready to launch the school year and for welcoming our parents and students as they registered.
- Staumont: Shout out to @JellickPTA. Man, am I lucky to have an awesome group of parents who are working to support our school.
- Martinez: @RascalPride classroom teachers get a big shout out for embracing the idea that classrooms must be all about relationships with students. I can’t describe the thrill I feel when I visit classrooms. It has been a real treat and it is making a difference in the lives of our kids.
- Staumont: I too want to give a shout out (we call them Kudos) to @Jellick_RUSD teachers. They kicked off the year in spectacular fashion.
- Staumont: Finally, I want to give a shout out to you and my other principal buddies who help, collaborate and share ideas willingly and without hesitation. I am blessed to work with a great administration team.
- Martinez: My last shout out is to our Superintendent, Dr, Julie Mitchell. She orchestrated a magnificent kick off for our certificated and classified staff focused on relationships, hope, and innovative learning for all.
Please rate and review us on iTunes, that helps others find out about our podcast.
We are elementary school principals in Rowland Unified School District in Southern California. We have launched this podcast as part of our inquiry to learn, share and apply effective leadership practice.
Join our Personal Learning Network as we learn, grow, and connect with others.
Energy Theme Music by Bensound.com