Episode #6: What Did You Learn This Summer – Part 1
In this episode, we discuss the three altitudes of leadership and how important it is to not get bogged down on tasks and business at the 5′ level. We share about some tools we want to use to help us manage 5′ altitude business so we have more time to address the 5,000′ and 50,000′ needs of our schools. We discuss homework we will have for the summer and we ask listeners to share back their tools, tips and tricks via Twitter. Lastly, we talk about the multiplying effect that #PLN and relationships have on professional learning.
Tools Mentioned in E6
- Narro is a a text to speech podcast app. Narro will take your bookmarked articles and read them back to you as a podcast.
- Pocket is a free service that makes it easy to discover great content that’s personalized to your interests, and save this content so you can return to it later on any device, at any time.
- IFTTT is a web-based service to create chains of simple conditional statements that are triggered by changes that occur within other web services such as Gmail, Facebook, Telegram, Instagram, or Pinterest.
- Toby is a browser extension that helps you organize your tabs on every new page.
- Keep is a note-taking service that syncs across all devices and allows collaboration.
- Executive Summaries is a web-based subscription service for book summaries, reviews and webinars of the best business books.
- Todoist helps get all your tasks and thoughts out of your head and onto your to-do list anytime, anywhere, on all of your favorite devices.
What Tools and Tips Do You Use?:
What are the tools, tips, and tricks that help you manage 5′ altitude business so you have more time for the 5,000 and 50,000′? Reply back on Twitter @BetweentheJohns with #BTJGTD.
Please rate and review us on iTunes, that helps others find out about our podcast.
We are elementary school principals in Rowland Unified School District in Southern California. We have launched this podcast as part of our inquiry to learn, share and apply effective leadership practice.
Join our Personal Learning Network as we learn, grow, and connect with others.
Energy Theme Music by Bensound.com