Episode 1 Show Notes
Episode 1: Start with the Why (Why are we doing a podcast?)
We are elementary school principals in Rowland Unified School District in Southern California. We have launched this podcast as part of our inquiry to learn, share and apply effective leadership practice.
In this episode, we set the context for the show and our inquiry. We discuss why we started the podcast, why we chose Between the Johns as our show name, and what a PLN means to us. We also give some shout outs to others who inspired us or provided assistance with the technical side of podcasting.
Join our Personal Learning Network aimed to support, scale, and sustain technology integration and innovation. Follow us @betweenthejohns and check out our website, betweenthejohns.com.
Episode 1 References
Thanks to the following for inspiring us on our journey:
- Dr. Julie Mitchell, Superintendent of Rowland Unified School District @_JulieMitchell_
- Dr. Sharon Sutton, Consultant for the Cotsen Foundation; 21st Century Learning @SharonSutton
- The Cotsen Foundation: The Art of Teaching @CotsenAoT [http://cotsen.org/the-art-of-teaching-program/]
- Brian Briggs @bribriggs and Ryan O’Donnell @creativeedtech from Check This Out [http://checkthisoutsite.weebly.com/]
- Ray Ortega @PodcastHelper from The Podcaster Studio [http://thepodcastersstudio.com/]
- Tom Covington @TechTomBUSD and Mike Jephcott @TechMikeBUSD from TOSAs Talking Tech [http://tosastalkingtech.libsyn.com/]
- Kim Pollishuke @kimPollishuke and Jen Giffen @VirtualGiff from Shukes and Giff [https://sites.google.com/view/shukesandgiff/home]